Tanzania’s climate is tropical, the temperature ranging between 22 and 30 degrees centigrade. December to March are the hottest months, while June to august is the coolest. Coastal areas are usually hot and humid. There are two rainy seasons: long rains from mid march to June and short rains form November to January.
– Dress in natural colours like browns, beiges and khaki. Shorts or trousers and short – sleeved shirt/ blouses or t-shirts, in cotton, are generally preferable. Light woolens may be required in the evenings or early mornings, especially in the northern circuit.
– Comfortable walking shoes are ideal in the bush, especially for walking safaris.
– Sunglasses, hat, suntan lotion, freshen-up towels and mosquito repellant cream are a must.
– Carry a camera, plenty of firm, replacement batteries and binoculars.
– Baggage should be kept to a maximum. Soft bags are best.